Toro is a trusted mower brand with an excellent reputation and has been in the industry for more than a hundred years. Toro lawn mowers are powerful and adept at chewing grass. They offer quality products with robust construction that can withstand the toughest grass.
You can find our best Toro Lawn Mower reviews below.
Our Top Picks at a Glance:
- Best Toro Lawn Mower Reviews
- How To Choose a Toro Lawn Mower
- Factors to consider when buying a Toro lawn mower
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Best Toro Lawn Mower Reviews
1. Toro SmrtStow Self-Propelled 22-inch Mower
- It features a three-in-one functionality which allows you to mulch, side discharge, or bagging.
- It comes with a three years warranty on GTS (Guaranteed-to-Start).
- It has a 22-inch steel cutting deck.
- It runs on a 163cc Briggs & Stratton OHV EXI engine.
- It has a high-wheel front-wheel drive with variable speed.
- It features a quick connect bagging system.
- It has a gross torque of 7.25ft-lb.
Toro SmrtStow is designed to make your yard look beautiful and clean. It uses a self-propelled technology system that enables you to push it through thick and uneven terrain without much force. It has smart features and is created with superior mulching capabilities. In addition to that, it features a vertical storage design to allow it to fit in your limited garage space. So you can quickly fold, lock and then store the machine.
Toro has constructed it with a 21-inch steel cutting deck to reduce your mowing time as it cuts a broader area in a single pass. Also, it features an excellent cutting design with the option to convert from side discharge, bag discharge, or mulching.
With the help of the 11-inch high-rear wheels, you can easily mow uneven terrain. These wheels are excellent in maneuvering around tricky obstacles and landscapes.
Why we like it
- It uses a robust and reliable engine.
- It has a foldable handle for convenient and easy storage.
- It features a recyclable cutting system.
- It has nine different cutting height positions.
- It is easy to service the blade and clean the deck because it offers easy access.
- It provides a flexible performance.
- It starts quickly with a pull.
- It features a two years warranty.
- It has a front-wheel-drive with variable speeds.
What we don’t like
- It is heavy.
2. Toro TimeMaster 30-inch Personal Pace Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower
- It has a cutting deck with a diameter of 30 inches.
- It is gas-powered with a 223cc engine from Briggs & Stratton.
- It has proven dependability and Smart features.
- It features a quick stow handle for storage.
The Toro TimeMaster Personal Pace is a highly advanced model that runs on a mighty 223cc Briggs & Stratton engine. This is the best lawn mower for anyone with a large lawn as it features a 30-inch cutting deck that cuts through a broader area in a single path. Besides, it features a personal pace self-propulsion mechanism that allows the mower to adjust your walking speed. The powerful machine has a dual-force cutting system and has excellent mulching capabilities. On top of that, it comes with a spin-stop system for extra safety.
Why we like it
- It can adjust to your walking speed easily.
- It is perfect for large lawns.
- It has a dual-force cutting system that enables superior cutting.
- It is ultra-durable as it features a powerful engine.
- It is equipped with a spin-stop system for the operator’s safety.
What we don’t like
- It has a small fuel tank.
We recommend this Toro lawn mower for homeowners looking for a high-quality machine with the excellent mulching capability and user-friendly design. It also features a spin-stop blade system to prevent you from any injuries. Anyone can use the Toro TimeMaster Personal Pace because it can adjust to your walking speed.
The SmartStow 22-inch is powered by a 163cc reliable engine rated to be 7.25ft. This powerful engine can easily mow ½ an acre lot with ease. Moreover, this self-propelled lawn mower features a front-wheel-drive perfect for a flat lawn. If you are looking for a Toro lawn mower for your large yard, get this great Toro SmartStow 22-inch lawn mower.
3. Toro Recycler Personal Pace 22-Inch Lawn Mower
- It is constructed with a 22-inch steel cutting deck fitted with an atomic blade.
- It is a walk-behind self-propelled mower.
- The steel deck has three-in-one cutting options with side discharge, bagging, or mulching.
- It features a foldable handle for easy storage.
- It comes with 9 cutting height adjustment positions.
- It runs on the 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine.
If you are looking for the best Toro lawn mower with long-lasting performance, then you got it here. Toro Recycler Personal Pace features a powerful Briggs & Stratton 163cc engine to deliver a long-lasting performance. This self-propelled lawn mower allows you to step away from it without having to restart the engine. Additionally, it features 22-inch steel deck equipment with atomic blades and a Recycler cutting system. Do not worry if you have a small garage space because it features a foldable ergonomic handle that allows you to place it anywhere in the room; it takes up less space.
Why we like it
- It has proven dependability.
- It uses a reliable engine.
- It features a wide cutting deck to minimize your mowing time.
- It has a high-quality and user-friendly design.
- The excellent mulching capabilities allow you to return the essential nutrients to the soil for a healthy lawn.
- Its cutting deck is constructed of steel, making it durable enough to last long and cut through the toughest grass.
- It features a washout port for easy cleaning of the deck’s underside.
- It is designed with a stop spin system for added safety.
- It is easy to use; the lawnmower is created, keeping in mind all types of users.
What we don’t like
- It may leave some small trenches while mowing.
We recommend this Toro Recycler with a hilly or uneven lawn as it comes with a rear-wheel-drive that improves traction and gives you better control. Furthermore, the machine comes with a durable and robust deck to cut the hardest grass. It has smart features to make mowing any grass easy.
- It is powered by a 160cc Briggs and Stratton engine with a ReadyStart.
- It features a 21-inch deck with a 3-in-1 design with a three-in-one discharge design.
- It has a rear-wheel design for high performance and better traction.
- It comes with an ergonomic handle for added extra use.
- It comes with a starter recoil.
- A five years warranty backs it up.
- It is engineered with a super recycler cutting system.
- It comes with a clipping accelerator, veneered cutting blade, and kickers combined to offer the best cutting system.
- It features a single lever with seven cutting height adjustments ranging from 1.25 to 4.25 inches.
- It has a durable cast aluminum construction.
- It weighs 83 lbs.
This is one of the most powerful lawn mowers available in the market today. It runs on an efficient and powerful 160cc Briggs and Stratton engine. Since it’s an entry- graded level mover, the lawnmower suits all types of terrain perfectly. Moreover, it has a dual-lever for better speed control and adjusts it in your walking speed. The best part of it is that Toro Super recycler 20029 features a 21-inch super recycler cutting system that comes with an integrated premium deck washout port, giving you a better cleaning experience.
It is also designed with cutting height position adjustment technology that enables you to adjust the rear and front height. The robust lawnmower has a foldable handle that allows easy transportation and storage.
Why we like it
- It uses a robust and reliable engine.
- It has an ergonomic handle for extra ease while using it.
- The super recycler cutting system delivers even cuts within a single pass.
- The cutting deck is designed with the capabilities to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge.
- It starts quickly without priming.
- The self-propelled rear wheels design helps to enhance the maneuverability.
- It doesn’t need assembly.
What we don’t like
- The durable wheels may not serve for long.
Toro Super Recycler 20092 lawn mower has an excellent design with a durable deck to cut through the toughest grass. The 3-in-1 options allow you to have a better mowing experience. On top of that, the mower comes with an adjustable ergonomic handle to make your mowing operation easier.
- It uses a 190cc Briggs and Stratton engine.
- It features a 22-inch deck with bagging and mulching capabilities.
- It uses a rear-wheel-drive to sense your walking speed automatically.
- It features a blade override system that is designed to stop the blade quickly without restarting the engine.
- It features a Blade Stop System.
- It comes with wash ports for easy cleaning.
Toro Recycler 20333 features a user-friendly interface and comes with a 22-inch cutting deck that can cut more grass in a single pass. It is self-propelled with variable speeds, and it’s powered by a Briggs & Stratton Engine that is powerful enough to tackle any tough grass. In addition to this, it has proven dependability and smart features, making it one of the best lawn mowers in the Toro industry.
Moreover, the Toro Recycler 20333 is driven through self-propulsion and features variable speed, allowing the mower to adjust to your walking speed automatically. It’s designed with a Spin Stop System that enables you to step away from the mower anytime without any need to restart it. The excellent lawn mower features excellent mowing capabilities, and the Bag on Demand feature enables you to switch to bagging from mulching while the bag remains on the mower.
Why we like it
- It is easy to clean; all you have to do is attach a hose to the wash ports to clean the deck.
- It is designed with an expansive deck for cutting wider areas to improve lawn health.
- It is user-friendly.
- It is designed with superior mulching capabilities to help you return the soil’s nutrients for a thick and healthy.
- The self-propelling feature makes your job easy without using much energy.
- It has a high-quality design with proven dependability.
- It offers adjustable heights.
- It is created with three-in-one cutting options.
What we don’t like
- It is gas-powered and starts with a pull.
- It is heavy and may need constant maintenance.
If you are looking for a Toro lawn mower that will tackle bumpy surfaces and any other types of obstacles, we recommend the Toro 22-inch AWD recycler mower. It features a rear-wheel-drive that adjusts to your walking speed automatically.
How To Choose a Toro Lawn Mower
There are different types of Toro lawn mower, and this includes:
Types of Toro lawn mowers
The Toro push mowers are the most traditional options for trimming your lawn. They run using a motor or an engine that uses either electricity or gas, but the operator has to push it from behind. These push mowers have a generous cutting width that cuts through thick, long grass easily. The cutting deck can do excellent mulching of the grass clippings. However, gas models are somewhat noisy, while the electric options can’t run for a long time.
The Toro self-propelled lawn mowers have a design similar to that of a push mower, although the motor or engine powers the wheel, meaning that you won’t have to push it, all you do is to guide the machine over the grass. These mowers have a wide cutting deck and can take care of long and thick grass.
These are mowers with a riding style that features levers for steering instead of a wheel. It can move quickly and also maneuver easily around obstacles. Like the self-propelled mowers, these ones have an extremely generous cutting width and have the option of mulching clippings if needed.
Factors to consider when buying a Toro lawn mower
If you are looking for Toro self-propelled mower, then consider the different types of the drive to determine which will work best for your terrain:
- Front-wheel-drive- those self-propelled options feature front-wheel-drive that supply power to front wheels only. These are ideal for lawns that are even or level because the mower can be tipped for easy turns.
- All-wheel-drive– all-wheel-drive models supply power to each wheel; therefore, it is perfect for uneven and even terrain.
- Rear-wheel-drive- in this case, the rear-wheel-drive supplies power to the rear wheels. This provides better control and traction; they are perfect for uneven lawns.
Electric vs. gas-powered
If you consider buying a Toro self-propelled or push mower, the first decision you make is whether you choose an electric or gas model. The gas models are ubiquitous, but the electric options are becoming popular as well.
Toro gas lawn mowers
- They require regular maintenance, unlike the electric models.
- They start with a pull starter, while some come with an electric starter.
- You must use the right fuel and ensure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- They come with more powerful motors.
Toro electric mowers
- It is available in both corded and cordless models.
- They offer clean and quiet operations.
- It is easy to start.
- The cordless models may not have enough power to complete the entire job.
- The corded options don’t need charging, but your movement may be limited.
In the event of Toro zero turn mowers, you get a smooth ride if you buy a model with a floating suspension. This enables the wheels to move down and up independently; hence, they can easily glide over the uneven landscape. This suspension type may not offer a perfect ride, but it provides a better grass cut.
If you want a Toro zero turn mower, your mower’s horsepower is a vital feature to consider. Horsepower is meant to measure the power output, which is shared among components like transmission and blades. For better performance, you should get a mower with at least a 16-horsepower engine.
Amps, voltage, and battery system
While looking for an electric Toro mower, you need to consider the amperage voltage for corded options and voltage for cordless models. It is a great idea to select a cordless model that features a dual-battery system as it increases the cutting time before you recharge.
The Toro mower’s speed determines how quickly you will complete cutting your lawn. Some of the Toro models can operate faster though most mowers have smart speed settings, which help determine your suitable speed depending on whether you want to mow, tow, or trim.
It is essential to easily adjust your lawn mower’s cutting height when cutting tall and short grass kinds. Look for a self-propelled or push model designed with a single or dual lever to control the mower’s height adjustment, so you won’t have to adjust each wheel’s height. Toro zero turn mowers come with a user-friendly panel allowing to adjust the cutting height easily
Regardless of the type of Toro mower you are looking for, it is essential to consider the cutting deck width as it determines the amount of time you will take to get the job done. The wider the cutting swath, the mower it will cover in a single pass.
For instance, the zero-turn mowers come with a swath ranging between 32 and 60 inches. On the other hand, self-propelled models offer cutting swatch ranging from 32 inches to 60 inches.
For a Toro zero turn mowers to be comfortable to ride, it should come with a thick padded seat to offer maximum support. It is also good to go for a lawn mower with a seat back that is more than 18-inches tall to ensure your back is fully supported.
Deck wash port
This is an important feature for easy cleaning. This feature enables you to connect the mower to a hose, allowing you to remove the clippings and dirt quickly from the bottom of the cutting deck.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is the best type of Toro lawn mower that is easiest to use on a lawn with many obstacles and trees?
The most effective type of Toro lawn mower for navigating through obstacles is Toro zero turn lawn mower. This type of Toro lawn mower works well if the lawn is an acre lot or more extensive. In smaller yards with many obstacles, the gas-powered models designed with high back wheels are perfect.
What is the lifespan of a Toro lawn mower?
This will depend on how often you operate the lawn mower and how you care for it. Furthermore, different types of Toro lawn mowers require regular maintenance, and this is what determines its durability and lifespan. If your Toro self-propelled or Toro push mower is well-maintained can last for at least seven years.
Toro lawn mowers are one of the best mowers in the market. The brand is well known for constructing robust and durable products, and so is their lawn mowers. They have a model for every budget and every need. However, you should know that choosing one product from a single brand isn’t a walk in the park.
Therefore, we believe that this review will help you reduce the time spent in the market.Our best Toro lawn mower is the Toro Recycler 22-inch 20333 Personal Pace Lawn Mower. It is designed with excellent and smart features to make your mowing easier. The unit is designed with a 22-inch deck and comes with matching capabilities.